Maharashtra government has proposed setting up a separate regulatory authority to oversee housing society affairs and resolve grievances by drafting a separate chapter dedicated to housing in the Cooperatives Act:
1) The new chapter will chalk out guiding principles for dispute redressal and give judicial powers to the regulatory authority so that people don't approach court over minor matters.
2) The mandate of the committee includes exploring effective laws and efficient procedure to help society members achieve the deemed conveyance (ownership) of the piece of land without any hindrance from builders.
3) The notification proposes to completely change the existing norms for housing society elections, besides suggesting a clear-cut guideline for management, conducting repairing works and deal with public grievances in day to day society affairs. It also suggests doing away with old laws that have become redundant.
4) The notification also suggested that the new Act should take care of the needs of not just big housing societies and townships, but also bungalow apartments and open plots.
Click here to read more
Maharashtra Government's Notification:
1) Don't book a flat in Pune till RERA is implemented
2) 5 Objections Against Maharashtra RERA Rules
Subscribe for Free!
To receive free emails or free RSS feeds, please, subscribe to Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog
Feel free to call me:
I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market.
My email id is RaviKarandeekar@RaviKarandeekar.com Feel free to write to me. I reply as soon as i can.
If you want my advice, feel free to call me on 919860044110. First 3 minutes are free! And for more than 3 minutes - pay as you wish - you decide the value of my advice.
Of course, for a serious discussion, better fix an appointment at a time convenient to both of us. So that we can have uninterrupted & in depth discussion on my mobile (919860044110)
- on Video Hangout on Google+
- or on Skype (ravikarandeekar) .
For more than 3 minutes and up to 30 minutes - pay as you wish. After the conversation - transfer the money to my bank account. As much as you wish. From a few hundred to a few hundred thousand crore of U S Dollars or Indian Rupees. Here are my bank account details:
Bank of Maharashtra.
Savings A/c no- 20047674794.
Branch- Bajirao Road Pune MICR Code 411014010.