"Transactions had fallen 80%, pulling down prices, and projects had failed to take off with banks not willing to lend to the sector," an industry lobby had said in December
Interest rates - 6.5 & 7.5 %In a letter to the prime minister, S. Jaipal Reddy, minister for urban development, said interest rates for home loans of up to 500,000 rupees should be kept at 6.5 percent, while loans between 500,000 rupees and 3 million rupees should be levied interest of 7.5 percent annually.
Income tax rebates on interest 3 lakh:Reddy also said that the ceiling for income tax rebates on interest paid on home loans be raised to 300,000 rupees from 150,000 rupees currently.
Property rates:Reddy also said the industry should match government measures by lowering house prices and investing more in affordable housing.
The government is scheduled to unveil a second stimulus package today.
To read more, please, visit - Reuters
Related Story:Commercial banks' lending rate cut 1 pc
Subscribe for free to receive hot Pune real estate news, views and reviews:1) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog
2) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Investment Blog
3) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Advertising and Marketing Blog
4) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog
5) Please, feel free to call me on my mobile +91 98600 44110! I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market (so i do not charge anything for the first 8 minutes!)
6) Please, join me on Friendfeed, to share news articles, family photos, interesting links and videos and let us discover and discuss information!
Visit Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog Group and join for free to receive updates of all blogs!
real estate Indian real estate Pune real estate Pune news Pune news Pune real estate news Pune real estate market Pune real estate market news blog Pune real estate blog Pune property blog Pune realty Pune real estate investment Pune real estate marketing upcoming and ongoing real estate projects in Pune current property rates in Pune latest real estate prices Ravi Karandeekar 91 98600 44110 Friendfeed Ravi Karandeekar\'s Pune Real Estate Blog Group Google Groups