Due to the Satyam fiasco, Infosys, a rival company, decided to be extra transparent in its latest quarterly disclosure .
We learn from Infosys that it has Rs 7,419 crore in cash, of which two-thirds is in public sector banks, like State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Bank Of Baroda and Syndicate Bank.
SBI alone has more than Rs 2000 crore. An unintended impact of subprime is a renewed belief on the safety of public sector banks.
The great nationwide rush of deposits into public sector banks will help them increase lending to needy sectors.
Even the once reviled concept of priority sector lending is coming back. That’s the euphemism used by many sectors asking for bailouts and subsidised loans.
To read more, please, visit - Economic Crisis & Satyam Saga : Boon or Bane for India
Subscribe for free!:1) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog
2) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Investment Blog
3) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Advertising and Marketing Blog
4) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog
5) Please, feel free to call me on my mobile +91 98600 44110! I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market (so i do not charge anything for the first 8 minutes!)
6) Please, join me on Friendfeed, to share news articles, family photos, interesting links and videos and let us discover and discuss information!
Visit Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog Group and join for free to receive updates of all blogs!