Introduces a new slab for sub-Rs 20 lakh
Up to Rs 20 lakh - 10.25 %
Above Rs. 20 lakh - 11.25 %
New rates - effective from Monday"The advantage of a cut in retail prime lending rates (RPLR) will accrue to all the existing floating rate customers over a period of next three months based on their respective reset dates," HDFC said in a statement.
ICICI Bank:HDFC's closest competitor in home loans ICICI Bank had earlier in this month reduced interest rates by 150 basis points to 11.50 per cent for fresh loans of up to Rs 20 lakh.
Public Sector Banks:Public sector banks have already capped the interest rates at 8.5 per cent for loans up to Rs 5 lakh to encourage low-income housing.
For middle-income loans of Rs 5-20 lakh, the PSU banks would charge a maximum of 9.25 per cent.
These rates would be reset only after five years.
PSU banks scheme is valid up to June 30, 2009.
No processing fee and no pre-payment charges for loans up to Rs 20 lakh.
Free life insurance cover to the home loan seekers as an add-on with the credit.
The housing major's decision to reduce rates comes within 24 hours of Home Minister P Chidambaram announcing in Parliament that the government will persuade banks to reduce loans for existing home loan borrowers as well.
Subscribe for free to receive hot Pune real estate news, views and reviews:1) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog
2) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Investment Blog
3) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Advertising and Marketing Blog
4) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog
5) Please, feel free to call me on my mobile +91 98600 44110! I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market (so i do not charge anything for the first 8 minutes!)
6) Please, join me on Friendfeed, to share news articles, family photos, interesting links and videos and let us discover and discuss information!
Visit Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog Group and join for free to receive updates of all blogs!
real estate Indian real estate Pune real estate Pune news Pune news Pune real estate news Pune real estate market Pune real estate market news blog Pune real estate blog Pune property blog Pune realty Pune real estate investment Pune real estate marketing upcoming and ongoing real estate projects in Pune current property rates in Pune latest real estate prices Ravi Karandeekar 91 98600 44110 Friendfeed Ravi Karandeekar\'s Pune Real Estate Blog Group Google Groups