National Real Estate Development Council (Naredco), apprised Planning Commission deputy chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia and other officials of depleting demand and liquidity crunch.1) The real estate players sought credit and increased overseas borrowings
2) Urged the government to further cut interest rates on home loans
3) Restructure debt of developers
4) Asked for one-year moratorium on repayment as part of restructuring of debts
5) Revision of upper limit in the recent home loan package announced by PSU banks to Rs 30 lakh from Rs 20 lakh
6) The builders, highlighting that 35% of construction cost went in taxes, said banks were not lending to real estate developers which had created severe liquidity crunch in the sector
7) Developers argued for "industry status" to be given to the realty sector, which would improve the fund flow
8) The developers also said that the stimulus package announced by the banks in the form of low interest rate of 9.25% on loan up to Rs 20 lakh was inadequate
8) The interest rate on loans up to Rs 5 lakh be brought down to 6% from the existing concessional rate of 8.5%.
To read more, please, visit - The Times of India
Related Story:Indian real estate developers to ask Government of India to buy out their unsold flats at current market prices and sell these flats at a later date!
Subscribe for free to receive hot Pune real estate news, views and reviews:1) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog
2) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Investment Blog
3) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Advertising and Marketing Blog
4) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog
5) Please, feel free to call me on my mobile +91 98600 44110! I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market (so i do not charge anything for the first 8 minutes!)
6) Please, join me on Friendfeed, to share news articles, family photos, interesting links and videos and let us discover and discuss information!
Visit Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog Group and join for free to receive updates of all blogs!
real estate Indian real estate Pune real estate Pune news Pune news Pune real estate news Pune real estate market Pune real estate market news blog Pune real estate blog Pune property blog Pune realty Pune real estate investment Pune real estate marketing upcoming and ongoing real estate projects in Pune current property rates in Pune latest real estate prices Ravi Karandeekar 91 98600 44110 Friendfeed Ravi Karandeekar\'s Pune Real Estate Blog Group Google Groups