Even floating rates must come down!
Relief for Old Home Loan Borrowers:The Union Government on Thursday said that it would continue to push for cheaper home loans even for the existing borrowers. Speaking in the Lok Sabha Union Home Minister P Chidambaram, who earlier held the finance portfolio, said the government has asked banks to cut interest rates on home loans.
Chidambaram's statement assumes importance as public sector banks on Monday said interest rate for fresh home loans of up to Rs 5 lakh will not exceed 8.5 per cent, while the lending rate is a maximum of 9.25 per cent for new housing loans in the bracket of Rs 5 lakh and Rs 20 lakh.
However, the existing borrowers did not get such relief.
"We are talking to the bankers. As the PLR is refixed, they must lend even to the past borrowers and reset the loans rates for past borrowers also. As the PLR is brought down even floating rates must come down," he said in reply to a debate in on review of the economic situation in the country.Chidambaram said housing is an important sector and a major driver of the economy.
"Steel, cement, bricks, pipes, wires, electrical equipment, construction, labour everything depends on housing," he added.
To read more, please, visit - Govt asks banks to cut home loan rates, again
Related Stories:1) Public sector banks cut home loan rates to prop up demand
2) Bargain, get a cheap home loan from banks
Subscribe for free to receive hot Pune real estate news, views and reviews:1) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog
2) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Investment Blog
3) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Advertising and Marketing Blog
4) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog
5) Please, feel free to call me on my mobile +91 98600 44110! I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market (so i do not charge anything for the first 8 minutes!)
6) Please, join me on Friendfeed, to share news articles, family photos, interesting links and videos and let us discover and discuss information!
Visit Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog Group and join for free to receive updates of all blogs!
real estate Indian real estate Pune real estate Pune news Pune news Pune real estate news Pune real estate market Pune real estate market news blog Pune real estate blog Pune property blog Pune realty Pune real estate investment Pune real estate marketing upcoming and ongoing real estate projects in Pune current property rates in Pune latest real estate prices Ravi Karandeekar 91 98600 44110 Friendfeed Ravi Karandeekar\'s Pune Real Estate Blog Group Google Groups