The survey will be helpful for the Pune Municipal Corporation PMC as the state government is mulling to replicate the rental housing policy of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) in the Pune metropolitan region once the Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority (PMRDA) is formed.
Also, the state government in its housing policy has expressed the need for setting up special townships (for example - Nanded City Pune!) to make houses affordable (has given more FSI to these townships) for the middle class (!?) and also to decongest the cities.
According to PMC statistics, the city's urban population has grown from 1.64 lakh in 1901 to about 42 lakh in 2001, a 25-fold increase.
The state government has decided to establish the PMRDA by December 2008 by amending the Maharashtra Regional Town Planning Act to include the city development chapter in the same. The move will help in integrated development of about 2,200 sq.km. of the Pune region. Rental housing would be one of the first priorities of the PMRDA and the housing survey will be useful for the PMC to have a housing policy in place. -The Times of India
Related Stories:1) Thanks to high real estate prices! Pune to become 7th metro city in India : Assocham report
2) Metropolitan Planning Committee for Pune region by March
3) For the proposed ring road project, Pune Municipal Corporation would have to bear land acquisition cost to the tune of Rs 409 crore
Subscribe for free to receive hot Pune real estate news, views and reviews:1) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog
2) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Investment Blog
3) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Advertising and Marketing Blog
4) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog
5) Please, feel free to call me on my mobile +91 98600 44110! I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market (so i do not charge anything for the first 8 minutes!)
6) Please, join me on Friendfeed, to share news articles, family photos, interesting links and videos and let us discover and discuss information!
Visit Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog Group and join for free to receive updates of all blogs!
real estate Indian real estate Pune real estate Pune news Pune news Pune real estate news Pune real estate market Pune real estate market news blog Pune real estate blog Pune property blog Pune realty Pune real estate investment Pune real estate marketing upcoming and ongoing real estate projects in Pune current property rates in Pune latest real estate prices Ravi Karandeekar 91 98600 44110 Friendfeed Ravi Karandeekar\'s Pune Real Estate Blog Group Google Groups