It means, as per Vishwasrao, chief engineer of Magarpatta City, there is a huge difference between the launch of this 700 acre integrated township, Nanded City, and the launch of Paranjape Schemes' Blue Ridge or Kumar Properties and Avinash Bhosale Group's Megapolis at Hinjewadi. Ownership of the farmers of Nanded Village and the role of Satish Magar are the differentiating factors.
In the last week itself I had met Satish Magar, so i thought why not meet the farmers of Nanded village. This was not my first visit to Nanded Village. I have been here before. Do not know why, i had shot few photos of important places in Nanded Village. You can have a look at these photos. But do not ask me why i consider 'crematorium' as one of the important places. Because you can not understand it. For that you have to born in Shaniwar Peth of seventies Pune.
For me, Nanded Village is a typical 'fringe village' of Pune. Leave aside few occasions, like Ganapati Visarjan, as a typical Punekar, i never bothered much about these villages. True, in my college days, i had done social work in some of these villages, not because i believed in my professor's philosophy of considering these villagers as my poor distant relatives. But only because, i was more interested in developing relations with the maximum number of girls in over night camps.
I have also grown up looking at these villages as a romantic getaway from over crowded city life of Pune. As every Puneri young couple, i have tested the metal of my friends on Sinhagad road.
One day, at Khadakwasala dam, looking at children bathing in nude, my girl friend said, "Ravi, i wonder what life i would have had, if i had born in a family 10 kms away from my maternity home on Deccan Gymkhana."
I started unbuttoning my shirt and said, "Don't worry! Even now we can swim in our birthday suits!" It was disappointing to know that she was talking about social-economic divide created by the capitalistic society! I let her complete her lecture and told her that when she is with me she should shut her brains off, keep her heart open and enjoy the life. I always had a doubt, she was a socialist - communist type of a person.
But why a convent educated son of a rich farmer, Satish Magar bothers so much for these Nanded villagers? Magarpatta was a different story. It was his extended family. Here at Nanded, Satish Magar could have simply given a token amount and promising rest of the payment in installments, could have taken a possession of the land.
When i reached Nanded Phata, I said let me have a cup of tea and give few minutes of rest to my paining knee joint. While looking around for a tea stall, i saw the hoarding of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena which presented one more question.
How could you, the farmers in a fringe village of Nanded, come together, form a company, and plan to develop a township better than Pune?
Look, at the villagers of Shivane, Uttamnagar, Kondhave and Kopre, they request for the drinking water. Once in while they get angry, but for years these villages have accepted the privileges of Pune City.
These villagers know, we Punekars are kind people. Problem is with the system. Some call it political system, some say it's eco-system. Whatever may be the label, but for sure, problem is "system".
With this self sufficient township of yours, Nanded City, you villagers of Nanded, you are opting out from this system. Liberating yourself from this system. Living your distant relatives, Punekars to survive on their own. We don't even know how to play dhol and lezim!
How could you do this to us?
1) Launch of Nanded City, Pune - visit to the venue of Magarpatta's upcoming mega township on Sinhagad road
2) Magarpatta's Nanded City on Sinhagad Road will be launched on June 1, 2008 - Exclusive News!
3) Welcome to Nanded City Pune - Have you visited the website of Magarpatta City's upcoming integrated township on Sinhagad Road?
4) Magarpatta's Nanded City may be on Sinhagad Road but it is an extension of Warje, Kothrud annex
5) Magarpatta's Nanded City on Sinhagad road - coming soon - how soon?...in a couple of weeks?...everybody wants to know....
6) Everybody in Pune is talking about Magarpatta City's upcoming project 'Nanded City' on Sinhgad Road
7) FDI: Farmers' Direct Investment
8) "Magarpatta City in Pune could be the model for a land acquisition and rehabilitation policy of The Confederation of Indian Industry ", Sunil Mittal
9) Magarpatta City on Flickr
10) The Magarpatta model for land acquisition: By Rakesh Ganguli on InfoChangeIndia News & Features
11) Magarpatta: A Dream Town Worth Emulating - Geeta Nair - The Financial Express
12) The amazing story of Magarpatta - Sucheta Dalal & Debashis Basu, MoneyLIFE
13) Let Pune's Magarpatta show the way - Vinayak Chatterjee
14) The Rs 4,000-crore township that farmers built - A Ganesh Nadar
15) Magarpatta City, India - Pune’s Real Estate Jewel — Anjeeta Nayar
16)Nanded farmers to urbanise town
17) The good life, within reach - Alka Kshirsagar - The Hindu Business Line
real estate Indian real estate Pune real estate Magarpatta City Hadapasar Pune news Pune real estate market Pune real estate market news Pune real estate market news blog ravi karandeekar Nanded City , Pune Magarapatta\'s Nanded City on Sinhagad road Sinhagad Khadakawasala Sihagagd road fringe villages of Pune integrated townships in Pune Paranjape Schmes\' Blue Ridge at Hinjewadi Kumar Properties\' and Avinash Bhosale Group\' Megapolis Megapolis at phase3 Hinjewadi Satish Magar Maharashtra Navnirman Sena Shivane Uttamnagar Kondhave Kopre Ravi Karandeekar\'s Pune Real Estate Flickr Group land acquisition and rehabilitation policy The Confederation of Indian Industry Sunil Mittal Rakesh Ganguli InfoChangeIndia News & Features Geeta Nair The Financial Express Sucheta Dalal & Debashis Basu MoneyLIFE Vinayak Chatterjee A Ganesh Nadar Anjeeta Nayar Alka Kshirsagar The Hindu Business Line